Touch fuzzy, get dizzy
|First appears||DROD 5.0|
|Is brain visible||No|
|Traverses shallow water||Yes|
Much like its conglomerate form, puffs are sentient lifeforms bent on freezing any creature they come across. They will attack smitemasters and other humans, yes, but also all other forms of higher life.
Since puffs float via buoyancy alone, they take considerably longer to navigate their surroundings than other, more solid creatures would take. This makes them easy to evade in open spaces. Unfortunately, travelers tend to encounter puffs in cramped places where fleeing is not an option.
Understanding that trying to stop puff with a sword is no more effective than slicing apart the breeze, travelers have taken to carrying large, flat weapons capable of simply pushing puffs out of the way. Smitemasters are advised to do the same, but arrogance tells them to prefer their traditional Really Big Swords instead. Casualty reports roll in almost every day.
- Puffs move to their target one tile every 5 turns using normal beelining.
- Puffs are not affected by brains.
- Puffs are vulnerable to: Hot tiles, Fire traps and Explosions
- Puffs instantly die if they move onto a hot tile.
- Puffs die when they are pushed into a solid object.